Live-In Program Information Basics
- Must be at least eighteen (18) yrs of age
- Must be employed on a regular basis or attending school or both
- Must hold a Maryland Emergency Medical Technician – Basic certification
- Applicants not holding Firefighter I will be considered based on space available
- Must be an active operational member of the Laurel Volunteer Rescue Squad
- Each live-in member must stand twelve (12) hours of uniform duty on an assigned duty period one night a week, the same night every week.
- Live-in members are expected to participate in all duty crew training and responsibilities on their assigned uniform duty period.
- Each live-in member must sign up in advance and be available in the station to respond on calls a minimum of 24 additional hours over and above their uniform duty period.
- Live-in members will be assigned shifts on the Sunday duty rotation and be expected to be available on holidays and weekends when the PGFD paid crew is unavailable.
- All live-in members are expected to take calls up to three (3) hours before departing for work or school unless “out of service”.
- During unassigned times, when the PGFD paid crew is not staffing the station, live-ins are expected to respond to calls for service to prevent failure of the call.
- Smoking, alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, and illegal activities are prohibited in the live-in quarters.
- Noise will be kept at a reasonable sound level at all times.
- Behavior of any visitor in the live-in space is the responsibility of the sponsoring live-in. No unescorted visitors will be permitted in the live-in quarters.
- The By-laws and Rules & Regulations of LVRS are to be abided by at all times.
- LVRS reserves the right to evict any live-in member immediately for any suspensions of LVRS membership that are of a serious nature.
- Members who do not fulfill their commitment or become unable to fulfill their live-in requirements will be given two (2) weeks notice to vacate their assigned room.
Back to Recruitment